The Flagship light of the Gloworm suite, the 2018 Gloworm XS (2500 Lumens) retains the small form factor expected of a Gloworm but with a powerful 2500 lumen output.
This light is ready for anything you can throw at it, a perfect combination of brightness, weight, runtime and value. The XS is poised to make waves in the cycling community.
- The Gloworm XS has one of the best light output vs. size vs. weight ratios in the world!
- Light head is only 110g!
- Designed in New Zealand.
- Intelligent Mode Technology
- Wireless TX Remote
Wireless TX Remote
The revolutionary Gloworm Wireless TX Remote enables you to keep your hands on the controls at all times and its small size has a minimal footprint on the bicycles cockpit. The wireless remote can be configured to operate multiple Gloworm lights simultaneously using the simple pairing process.
A huge benefit of its design is the ability to mount on the front of the helmet meaning you’ll never catch your light on another overhanging tree. Additionally, it can also mount on the handlebar or on the headstrap (available separately) – it can also be mounted on a rifle or hunting bow using the go-pro style helmet mount!
- 2500 Lumens (Real, not theoretical output)
- Wireless Remote Button – can sync multiple lights to same remote
- IMT (Intelligent Mode Technology) technology
- 330g total system weight with battery pack
- Waterproof to IP66
- 6800 mAH Lithium Ion Hard Case Battery with 4 Panasonic cells
- 3 x Cree XML-2 U2 LED emitters – the latest generation of Cree emitters
- 3 optic system
- 2 hr runtime on Maximum power
- 5hr battery charge
- Remote switch
- Lithium-Ion Battery Smart Charger
- Extension Cable
- Light Head
- Wireless TX Remote
- Alloy/Polycarbonate Helmet Mount
- Carbon Composite Quick Release Handlebar Mount
- Li-ion Battery Pack 6800mAh (sealed case) using 4 Panasonic Li-ion cells
- Spare optics
- Cable ties/adhesive foam
- Battery mounted power monitor
- Light will flash to warn of critical battery level
- IMT Technology
- Overheat Protection
IMT (Intelligent Mode Technology) Programmes
IMT defines the Gloworm ethos of versatility. IMT provides the freedom to use the Gloworm light in the default settings or to completely customise for ultimate personalisation.
Trail – Low>Medium>High. Special mode>Super Dim (all programmable to the user’s requirements)
Commute – Low>High. Special mode>Flash (2Hz) (all programmable to the user’s requirements)
Special modes are activated by holding down the button for 2 sec. This allows the user to conduct any outdoor activity without having to cycle through the special mode and having an interruption of a steady light beam. Additionally, the X2 is shut down by holding the button for appx 5sec. IMT gives you the flexibility of refined programmes and modes without needing to access them every time you go from High mode back to low.